Adirondack Health is a modern health care system located in the heart of the Adirondacks – a six-million-acre park with sprawling mountains and glistening lakes.
The welcoming communities are a great place to raise a family and provide endless opportunities for hiking, biking, cross-country and downhill skiing, swimming, fishing, kayaking, climbing, camping and so much more in the great outdoors.
Our patients and residents are often our friends, our family members, our neighbors, and this deep community connection inspires us and drives us to provide excellent healthcare, close to home. We couldn't do that without our gifted and caring staff.
Our goal is to provide a depth of services to those who value a positive work-lifestyle balance. We are the only full-service health system in the Adirondack Park, providing residents and visitors alike with exceptional care.
- Adirondack Medical Center offers 24-hour emergency care, a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services and a new state-of-the-art surgical suite -- all located on the shore of beautiful Lake Colby in Saranac Lake.
- Lake Placid Health and Medical Fitness Center – Opened in 2019, this world-class facility includes a health center, emergency department, sports medicine and rehabilitation services, fitness center complete with lap pool, laboratory and diagnostic imaging and sports medicine.
- Five health centers located in Saranac Lake, Lake Placid, Tupper Lake, Keene and St. Regis Falls offer primary care close to home.
- Mercy Living Center provides long-term care, short-term rehabilitation and recovery from hospitalization or surgery with comprehensive rehabilitation services in Tupper Lake.
- Dental Care clinic in Lake Placid offers skilled dentistry for the entire family.
Get to know us
We want our employees to feel at home, and part of the Adirondack Health family. When you come on board here, our talented staff provides an informative orientation that will help new employees not only find their way around our campuses, but it’s an in-depth look at what services each of our departments offer here.
It’s important to us that our employees succeed, so we offer mentorship programs for our nursing staff and directors. It’s a chance to pair up with a seasoned Adirondack Health employee who can help guide you through your first months on the job, be there to support you and answer any questions you may have.
Grow with us
We believe that leaders should be developed within our organization. New in 2019, Adirondack Health now offers a leadership development course, CLIMBS (Creating Leaders, Inspiring Mentors, Building Success) which aims to foster the professional growth of up-and-coming Adirondack Health employees.
We also provide a generous tuition reimbursement program for our employees with the opportunity to elevate their education and excel here.
What are our benefits?
Adirondack Health offers a generous benefit package for its employees. Management benefits may differ, so please contact Teri Stiles, associate HR generalist, at 518-897-2413 for more information.
Following is a list of employee benefits offered at Adirondack Health:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Medical Plan Opt-Out Bonuses (Up to $1,000 each year with proof of other insurance)
- Healthy Rewards (Earn up to $300 each year just by working toward a healthy lifestyle)
- Paid Benefit Time
Full-time: 23 days of personal/vacation time accrued annually; at year 5, 28 days are accrued annually
Full-time: 6 days of sick time accrued annually with a max of 480 hours
Part-time employees are pro-rated based on hours worked for personal and sick time.
- Term Life Insurance for Full-Time Employees (1x base salary to $200,000 max and $6,000 accidental death and dismemberment coverage).
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Voluntary Benefit Programs including Life, Short Term Disability and Critical Illness
- Flexible Spending Plans
- NYS Disability Insurance
- Workers Compensation Insurance Coverage
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Fitness Centers (During after hours, employees can enjoy free admission to the Fit For Life at Adirondack Medical Center and the Mercy Living Center in Tupper Lake. Employees also enjoy a discount for our state-of-the-art Medical Fitness Center in Lake Placid).
- Free Smoking Cessation program
- Free Weight Management program
- Bereavement and Jury Duty Leave
- Family Medical, Educational, Military and Personal Leaves
- Shift Differentials
- Longevity Bonuses
- Attendance Bonuses
- Pharmacy Discount
- Cafeteria Discount
- Bank and Credit Union Affiliations
Locally grown, fresh ingredients in our cafeteria
Our cafeteria at Adirondack Medical Center provides delicious, wholesome fresh foods with a Farm to Patient approach. From its locally farmed salad greens, fruits and vegetables and yogurts to the locally raised meats, nearly a dozen local farms help bring an array of food choices at a discounted price for employees. Our patients consistently rave about the meals here in our surveys. We even have a fresh-food vending machine and great take-out meals because we know a nutritious meal is important at any hour when you work in health care.
Adirondack Health is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all patients, families, employees, medical and associate medical staff, volunteers, contractors, subcontractors, and vendors.
Our guiding principles are Compassionate, Accountable, Respectful, Exceptional, Service, which can be summed up in the acronym, C.A.R.E.S. We are all here because we care for our patients, residents, the community and their well-being.
We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion (creed), sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
This relates to all phases of employment, including, but not limited to, recruiting, employment, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, reduction of workforce and termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, selection for training, the use of all facilities, and participation in all company-sponsored employee activities.
We do not discriminate.
We pursue every opportunity to counter discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrades, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected characteristic under applicable law.
Adirondack Health is a Pathway to Excellence certified organization with a commitment to creating a positive work environment that empowers and engages its nursing staff. With the designation, Adirondack Health became one of 159 Pathway organizations throughout the United States, and only the second in New York state. ANCC requires Pathway organizations to demonstrate that they effectively meet 64 elements of performance within six specific standards, seeking nurses' input on issues related to safety, quality of care, well-being, professional development, leadership and shared decision making.
Get to know our area
Saranac Lake (est. pop. 5,242), Tupper Lake (est. pop. 3,667) and Lake Placid (est. pop. 2,386 - home of the 1932 and 1980 Olympics) make up the main villages in the Tri-Lakes area. The closest small cities are Plattsburgh, Albany, Syracuse and Utica. Both the Vermont border and the Canadian border are only a couple-hour drive and New York City is about a 5-hour drive.
Check out what makes the Tri-Lakes such a great place to live, work and play:
Saranac Lake: www.saranaclake.com
Tupper Lake: www.tupperlake.com
Lake Placid: www.lakeplacid.com
Things to do…
- Olympic sites (Lake Placid, Wilmington): the Olympic Center (site of the “Miracle on Ice”), Olympic Ski Jumping Complex, Mt. Van Hoevenberg ‘s sliding center side, combined skeleton & bobsled track and North America’s longest mountain coaster, The Cliffside Coaster.
- Downhill skiing: Whiteface Mountain (Wilmington), Pisgah Ski Center (Saranac Lake) and Titus Mountain (Malone)
- Wild Center nature museum (Tupper Lake)
- Adirondack Experience (Blue Mountain Lake)
- Pendragon Theatre (Saranac Lake)
- Lake Placid Center for the Arts (Lake Placid)
- Adirondack Carousel (Saranac Lake)
- Adirondack Sky Center and Observatory (Tupper Lake)
- Dewey Mountain Recreation Center (Saranac Lake)
- Palace Theatre movies (Lake Placid)
- State Theatre movies (Tupper Lake)
- 46 High Peaks hikes
- Saranac Lake 6er hiking
- Tupper Lake Triad hiking
- Saratoga Performing Arts Center (2 hours south in Saratoga Springs)
- North Country Community College (Saranac Lake, Malone)
- Paul Smith’s College (Paul Smiths)
- SUNY Potsdam
- SUNY Plattsburgh
- SUNY Canton
- St. Lawrence University (Canton)
- Clarkson University (Potsdam)
Find a home